Dispatch from EVOLVE HQ
It's officially summertime and EVOLVE HQ is in full swing, baby! The tribe is working double time, because this year’s festival is evolving into something truly spectacular!
The Lineup - we've really outdone ourselves.
This year's lineup is truly magical – we've got over 65 musical performances on three stages over three days. From the worlds of rock, jazz, hip hop, funk, bluegrass and electronica, is the most powerful lineup of musical talent ever to be assembled in Atlantic Canada. (Plus a little bit of Phish in the 'Nish).
Here's a taste of the party that we've got lined up:
* Phish’s Mike Gordon & Ramble Dove
* Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
* The Be Good Tanyas
* DJ Sneak (Chicago)
* DJ Dan (Los Angeles)
* Donald Glaude (Seattle)
* Wassabi Collective
* Jimmy Swift Band
* King Sunshine
* DJ Jelo (Toronto)
* The Phat Conductor (Toronto)
* DJ Mini (Montreal)
... plus over 50 other musical performances. Check out the whole lineup here! And get ready to dance your face off!
The New Date - August 4, 5 & 6th, 2006
We couldn't wait, so we moved up the date! This year's EVOLVE takes place on the first weekend of August – August 4, 5, & 6, 2006 - in beautiful Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. The new date means that we can expect longer days, warmer evenings, and a holiday Monday so that everyone can take their time getting home.
Get your Tickets Now! Only $95!
Early Birds are sold out. Tickets for EVOLVE 2006 are ON SALE NOWfor the low low price of $95, including camping and parking. Purchase online or visit one of our Ticket Outlets, conveniently located somewhere near you. Buy now and save a few bucks – ticket prices go up on July 18th !
Greener than ever.
Our private 225-acre venue under the sun and stars of Nova Scotia is the perfect place for our community to come together and celebrate each year. Evolve has consistently pursued an aggressive green strategy with each festival, always trying to reduce our event’s footprint on the land. This year, we push it even further.
All our marketing materials are printed with low-waste waterless inks on 100% post consumer tree free paper. The festival employs alternative energies such as Bio-Diesel, Wind and Solar to power the site. This year, our vendors will provide only compostable eat-ware to cut down on garbage. This means that all the paper plates and such will be 100% organic matter and will be able to go back to earth without ever going to a dump. Even Evolve’s port-o-potties will be stocked with tree-free toilet paper. And as always, our Sunflower Recycling Stations will make garbage separation and recycling easy.
Only 38 days until EVOLVE! Here’s what we’re working on…
* We’re putting the finishing touches on this year's Awareness Village. The new Village will feature street names, a Town Crier, travelling minstrels, plus more yurts and teepees. We’re setting up way more food vending booths, and there will be some amazing new vendors with clothing, musical instruments and other funked-out items. The Village will also feature dozens of workshops to expand your mind, including the very popular morning yoga. We’ve got special guest speakers including Elizabeth May– former director of the Sierra Club Canada and current candidate for the leadership of the Green Party of Canada.
*We're working all aspects of the venue, including stage setups, more signage and the expansion of our quiet camping areas for those who like a bit of peace and quiet at night.
It's happening all over again. EVOLVE returns for its biggest and best festival yet. We'll bring the music - you bring the love. Get ready to EVOLVE, people.
* EVOLVE website.
* EVOLVE Message Boards.
* Buy EVOLVE Tickets Online.
* Check out the Yurts!
* Directions to EVOLVE.
* Did you take a good look at the LINEUP?
* Forward this to a friend